New Seafood Restaurant + Michigan COVID-19 Vaccination Rate
Happy Friday, people of Rochester-Rochester Hills! Let’s start today on an informed note. Here’s everything you need to know in Rochester-Rochester Hills today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
softer ; a little rain in the afternoon. High: 43 Low: 42.
Here are the best stories in Rochester-Rochester Hills today:
- Oxford School Shooting lasted 5 minutes. On social networks, it never ends. (Detroit Free Press)
- New Pearl’s Deep Dive Seafood Spot Open at Royal Oak. (dbusiness.com)
- Here is some fun events for the holiday weekend! (WDIV ClickOnDetroit)
- Some states are Vaccinate For COVID faster than others, here’s how Michigan stacks up. (24/7 Wall Street – Detroit)
- Some temporary Detroit area bars and restaurants Close – again – due to COVID-19. (Detroit News)
This newsletter will be distributed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays of each week.
Today, the Rochester-Rochester Hills Daily is presented in part by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Rochester-Rochester Hills!
Today in Rochester-Rochester Hills:
From my notebook:
- Oakland County Sheriff’s Office: “When we started our team of comfort dogs, we had no idea what was on the horizon. Now they are clearly helping students, teachers, the community at large and our team as well. Currently we have five like this pictured. This is Deputy K9 I … “(Facebook)
- Meadow Creek Room: “There is no better place to eat, drink and play than at Meadow Brook this holiday season. We have a delicious selection of seasonal drinks, treats, meals and more. you around our bonfires and make it a night! ” (Facebook)
- Oakland County Parks and Recreation: “You waited patiently to open those presents. You didn’t eat that last cookie. You even let your little brother hold the remote. We know you’ve been really good this year, so this #holiday you deserve a little recess. Go out and enjoy p … “(Facebook)
- Oakland County, Michigan Government: “A Winter Wonderland! Thank you @tylerjmulville for sharing your Winter Catch of the Clinton River Trail… Use #OaklandCounty for a chance to be featured. Http://ow.ly/f7tP50HhNXp” (Facebook)
- Rochester Regional Chamber of Commerce: “Happy #thank you Thursday! Rochester Regional Chamber of Commerce (YPR) Young Professionals provide #leadership development and #networking opportunities for people aged 21-40. YPR is organizing a training seminar … ”(Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Do you like the Rochester-Rochester Hills Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now in the know and ready to start this Friday! See you tomorrow for your next update.
– Dylan siwicki
About me: I was born and raised in the Westside of Detroit, in the Polish blue-collar neighborhood of Warrendale. I am a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard for my education. My aspiration for journalism came when I was young, when I started following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first entry into journalism began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I eventually worked to become an editor. In correlation with my work in journalism, I had an incredible opportunity to study and write about many different cultures and origins at the Piast Institute, which also helped me prepare for this role. So, with first-hand experience growing up in a tight-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of spreading news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as the breaking news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to get this news out. So feel free to contact me for topical advice or your own unique experiences at [email protected]