Woman shares horror of finding snail in her roast dinner, restaurant apologizes

Credit: Chloe Walshaw

Highlights

  • Woman claims she found tiny snail in her roast dinner she ordered from a restaurant
  • Chloe Walshaw shared her heartbreaking experience and said she would never order at a restaurant again
  • The restaurant offered a refund and apologized to the Walshaw

A woman in the UK has vowed to boycott a famous restaurant after claiming to find a snail in her roast dinner.

Chloe Walshaw wasn’t in a restaurant when she got scared of dinner. She and her boyfriend ordered two meals at Tipton’s Burnt Tree Island restaurant on Uber Eats on January 1.

The school worker said she was enjoying her roast dinner until she stumbled upon something that turned her off and felt “physically ill”.

Walshaw said she spat out her food upon spotting a mollusk in her peas, according to a Online Mail report. It’s understandable that Walshaw feels like the photo of the food shared online has left even netizens squeamish.

The teacher went on to say that she was reimbursed for the food money after she contacted the restaurant and filed a complaint.

But the process was not very pleasant for Walshaw, who was apparently invited by a restaurant employee to contact Uber Eats for the refund.

Besides the full refund, the restaurant offered him a £ 40 voucher. But the experience put her off, and she vowed never to get food from Toby Carvery.

“I ordered it to be delivered on Uber Eats from Toby Carvery Burnt Tree Island for me and my boyfriend. I had food on my fork and thought I would have some peas and dug in the polka dots and that’s when I saw it, ”Walshaw explained.

“I felt really sick physically. I was halfway there. I was really shocked I had food in my mouth and spat out the food. I’m glad it’s above and not in the middle of what I was about to eat, “she added.

A spokesperson for the restaurant has since responded to the excused allegations to Walshaw.

“We are sorry we did not deliver a meal to our usual high standards, but thank the guest for sharing their comments and welcome the opportunity to correct this by offering a refund and investigating internally,” said the spokesperson.

Over the years, many shocking fast food restaurants have been made public on social media.

A UK takeaway KFC customer had the misfortune of finding a whole chicken head coated in batter inside his box of hot wings. The photo taken by the customer showed the head, with eyes and beak, partially covered with crispy dough.


Source link

Comments are closed.